At times like these, it’s easy to feel swept away with the strongest emotion that surrounds us. For some, this may be feelings of frustration, anxiety, worry or fear. But for others, this moment has offered us more. More time, reflection, self-development, rest, and repose.
For those who are struggling at this moment in time I wanted to share with you techniques on how you can help alleviate these feelings.
I like to start and end most days with a rampage of appreciation. A lot of people talk about gratitude rather than appreciation but there is a significant difference between the two. They are used interchangeably, but they do not mean the same thing.
You may have heard people talk about “gratitude journal’s” whereby you write things you are grateful for in your life. There is nothing wrong with this action as it is a great way to raise your vibration. Remember the Law of Attraction is matched to your vibrational frequency and your vibrational frequency is set by your emotions. Being grateful for something gives you a feeling of positive emotion within you, which is a vibration at the higher end.
But, what if I told you that you could achieve a higher vibrational frequency. It’s a subtle difference, just replace gratitude with APPRECIATION.
Gratitude vs Appreciation
If you were to look up the definition of gratitude you’d find it was the ‘quality of being thankful’ This definition and our interpretation tends to come with baggage; that the quality of being thankful has taken place after a struggle that you’ve overcome. There is a sense of fear that surrounds that struggle, that you should feel grateful for the good that has come to you. It has a sense of underserving or you are indebted to someone or something for all the good in your life. It is this feeling of baggage that changes the vibrational frequency to a lower one.
So let’s compare this with appreciation. The definition ‘is the recognition and enjoyment of the good qualities of someone or something’. This instantly feels different. It allows us to focus on the good qualities of a person or thing which immediately takes your vibrational frequency to the highest level.
Increasing the Value
By focusing on the good qualities of something or someone, it offers so much power; partly because appreciation is the identical vibration of love and joy.
Appreciation is more about a calling to be more of who you are whereas gratitude feels separate or external from you.
Here are a few ways that you can incorporate being more appreciative within your life NOW.
1. The first thing I do before I fully wake up, is to spend a few minutes gifting myself with lots of reasons on why I feel appreciative in my life. This can range from a sunny day, a lie in, drinking an amazing cuppa in bed (such luxury), being paid on time from a client, anticipation for a new experience coming my way that day, healthy family etc. What better way than to start your day in a high vibrational frequency, ready to let the day enfold before you.
2. The last thing at night, before I drift off to sleep, I scan through the day and think of how I feel about my now. Running through all of the things that I am appreciative of; achieving that feeling of love and contentment before submitting to the end of the day should allow you to get a better night sleep. Hopefully this appeases any anxiety or fear that you may be feeling right now.
3. If I find that my energy is waining during the day I like to ‘level-up’ my frequency by doing a rampage of appreciation. You can do this anywhere, at any time. This is where you list as many things that you are appreciative of now (including past, present and future things yet to come). From the smallest to the largest thing that pops in to your head. This can be in the form of a mental download or in your journal. If you work at a computer, open up a word document and start listing, one after the other. The beauty with this is that it looks like you are working. Make sure you keep the document for next time. It’s great to look back on and reflect.
4. As mentioned above, being appreciative of things that have yet to come in to your world is one of the most important elements of Law of Attraction. For us to be in the same vibrational frequency for what we desire, we have to be at the same vibrational frequency of your chosen wish to be able to match it in the NOW. The easiest trick is to act, behave and believe as if it’s already in your possession. So be appreciative of the things that have yet to enter your life now so you are drawing them to you.
5. View the world from a different angle with no alternative motive. Removing any ulterior motive from our perception and consciousness gives us a feeling of a more panoramic view of our existing world. Having a motive has a tendency to close off and influence what we see, say and think. When you remove the intention or pre-determined outcome/look you are opening yourself up to seeing, hearing, experiencing new sensations etc. This openness and new appreciative perspective could quite literally open more doors to you. Who knows where this may lead you.
6. I hold my hands up and confess that I, like many others, have at one time or another disliked my body. When I realise that I have gone back in to this thought pattern I remind myself that my body is a working, fully functioning body that supports me and allows me to play, run and do many more things with my family and friends. I am appreciative of what it can do now and I shouldn’t get bogged down with how I look. When this flip in perception occurs my reflection in the mirror alters. I no longer see the bumps and curves that caused me ‘distress’ earlier felt.
7. Make sure you let people know what they mean to you. Whether this is in a text, phone call, letter, card, email or Skype. Never assume that they know. Tell them. Especially with everything that is going on, finding alternative ways of connecting with one another is important for our wellbeing avoiding isolation and loneliness.
8. Appreciate the time we have been given and release the guilt of doing little. I struggled with this the other day. I desperately wanted to do nothing but stay in my pyjama’s and watch Netflix. So that is what I did. However, the feeling of guilt was lingering. I had to tell myself to allow this moment to happen and embrace it guilt free. Once I accepted that I didn’t need to be anywhere, there was nothing pressing for me to do I continued to binge watch ‘Love is Blind’.
These are just a few examples of how you can be more appreciative within your life.
Have a go and feel the difference. You may even find that this new perspective of appreciation has a positive knock on effect on the people around us which can never be a bad thing at this moment in history.